GENERAL PRIVACY NOTICE:
What Blue Bear is doing about GDPR
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you. We use appropriate technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
Blue Bear may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, you should check this website periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
To ensure we are GDPR-compliant, we have:
- Reviewed and updated all of our processes and policies for privacy and data protection
- Provided training for our Team on the new regulations
- Removed old and obsolete information and records
- Improved IT security and testing – Blue Bear has achieved accreditation for Cyber Essentials, the Government-backed scheme for data privacy.
- Appointed a Data Protection Officer
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Nature of interest or enquiry
- Other information relevant to client surveys for feedback and continual improvement purposes
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process any requests from you made via our online forms
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported on the Website
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products and services, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for feedback and continuous improvement purposes.
We are using the grounds of Legitimate Interest to maintain contact with our existing pre May 25th 2018 CRM database. All new clients will be asked to positively opt-in after this date.
As required, we will inform contacts of a data breach within a 72-hour window of becoming aware of the occurrence of a data breach.
Right to Access
Blue Bear will provide confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed by us, where the data is being stored and for what purpose. Furthermore, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, usually free of charge, in writing.
Right to be Forgotten *
The right to be forgotten entitles you to obtain from the controller the erasure of any personal data without undue delay and to stop any further distribution of the data.
* Warning once we delete all your records, we will not be able to monitor your name should you then re-appear via a request for a quote or other information.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you wish to know more about your rights in regard to personal data, then please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this Policy.
Please contact us using the following contact details:
Data Protection Officer
Blue Bear Systems Research Ltd
4 Highfield Parc
Or email: [email protected]